Saturday, April 6, 2013

Blog Shift

After a long hiatus, I  have returned to this blog.  While Project Postcard is still active, I have shifted my focus to other aspects of my classroom.

Small group reading:
This is perhaps my favorite part of the day.  My fifth grade groups are steadily working their way through various novels.  One group is in the middle of the Arena in Hunger Games, another just found out Sirius Black and Peter Pettigrew's secret in the third Harry Potter, the third group is rebelling against the Capitol in Mockingjay and my fourth group just entered the Vile Village and are quickly unraveling the secrets of the VFD (Series of Unfortunate Events).

However, larger class sizes next year will need additional novels to accommodate extra students.  Please consider donating to my class on donorschoose here.  All donations are tax deductible and you'll get a snazzy thank you from some wonderful ten year-olds!

No comments:

Post a Comment